You’ve worked hard over the years, diligently contributing to your 401k. And you understand that planning ahead for retirement is one of the most important things you can do for your future – and for your family’s future.
Imagine, then, having that retirement savings suddenly washed away by a stock market crash. Or picture your money becoming virtually worthless because of the declining dollar and Washington’s economic blunders.
These are increasingly common concerns among Americans today, and it’s the reason why so many people are now asking, “How do I buy gold with a 401k?”
If you are looking to add protection to your financial future, now may be the time to consider investing in physical gold – and you may be able to use your 401k to do it. Here’s how.
3 Simple Steps to Buy Gold with 401k
Buying gold with a 401k is simple. It’s just a matter of rolling over your 401k into an IRA and allocating the funds to investments in gold. Confused already? Don’t be – the process is very easy, and Birch Gold Group can walk you through it, step by step.
Here are the 3 basic steps involved and what you need to know to get started.
1. Speak to the Precious Metals IRA Specialists
Buying gold with a 401k is easy when you have the guidance of trained, knowledgeable professionals.
At Birch Gold Group, our precious metals specialists can guide you through the process from start to finish, including:
- Checking if your 401k is eligible to be converted
- Helping you with the necessary paperwork
- Providing ample information about your options
- Answering all your questions
2. Roll your 401k into a precious metals IRA
To buy gold with a 401k, you will first need to open a precious metals IRA. This will be a self-directed IRA, which will allow you to transfer funds from your 401k, allocating as much or as little as you wish toward gold or other precious metals.
Setting up your IRA and transferring funds is easy, and Birch Gold Group will assist you at every step.
3. Choose your gold
Once funds are available in your IRA, it’s time to buy your gold. Your precious metals specialist will be happy to go over your options, and you can buy your gold directly from Birch Gold Group.
One of the most common questions we receive about adding gold coins to an IRA is, “What’s the difference between gold proof and bullion coins?”
Here’s a basic breakdown to get you started:
- Gold bullion coins: The value of these coins, like all gold bullion, is determined almost exclusively by its gold content and weight, making it an extremely liquid investment.
- Gold proof coins: These are collectors’ grade coins, minted in limited quantities each year. This rarity, as well as the condition of the coins, are additional factors that can influence their value, beyond just the value of their gold content.
You can also diversify your portfolio with other precious metals, such as silver, platinum or palladium.
If you’re not sure what’s right for you, don’t worry. We’ll explain the benefits of each option and can make recommendations based on your individual situation and goals.
Have questions? Ready to get started? We’re here to help.
If you’re ready to see how easy it is to add protection to your retirement savings, contact Birch Gold Group today to learn more about using your 401k to invest in gold. We’ll answer any questions you have, at any point in the process, to ensure you can invest with confidence.