Birch Gold Group Supports Veterans with Donation to Gary Sinise Foundation
By Phillip Patrick, for Birch Gold Group
On January 7th, at our annual corporate event in Huntington Beach, we were delighted to hand a $25,000 check to the Gary Sinise Foundation’s Gib Bosworth. Gib is the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and Outreach at the foundation. He took a little time to express his appreciation.
Gary Sinise continues to serve as a great example to our nation as he inspires individuals and great companies such as Birch Gold Group to help the Gary Sinise Foundation ‘pay it forward’ as we serve our nation by honoring our defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and those in need. I’m grateful for the generous support of the Birch Gold Group, and it was an honor to spend time with their team.
If you aren’t familiar with the Gary Sinise Foundation, you should be! Their mission is to support and empower our country’s defenders, veterans, first responders and their families. Some of the outstanding work they do includes:
- R.I.S.E. (Restoring Independence, Supporting Empowerment) program: building 100% mortgage-free homes specially adapted to severely wounded heroes. They provide everything from home modifications and mobility devices to specially-adapted vehicles to help individuals and families overcome life-altering injuries. Restoring independence and empowering our nation’s heroes.
- Relief & resiliency program: In times of financial hardship, this program offers America’s heroes and their families complete support to give them the time, resources and strength they need to persevere and heal.
- Mental Wellness initiatives: Not every wound leaves a scar. The foundation supports the mental wellness needs of veterans and their families through innovative and empowering treatment and training.
- H.O.P.E. (Heal, Overcome, Persevere & Excel): This program supports those who’ve experienced trauma, illness, injury or loss. By stepping in and lending a hand in a difficult moment, sometimes something as simple as paying a water bill or buying groceries, the foundation provides hope in times of urgent need.
- First Responders Outreach: The foundation provides funding for essential equipment, emergency relief and training – to give first responders the tools they need to perform at their very best. Those severely wounded in the line of duty may qualify for the R.I.S.E. program described above.
The Gary Sinise Foundation does a whole lot more – I’ve just scratched the surface here. If you have any interest in supporting America’s first line of defense (both at home and abroad), I strongly recommend you learn more about the Gary Sinise Foundation and their incredible work.
Yes, they’re a great organization doing good things – but what’s the connection to Birch Gold Group?
It’s all about stability
I asked Andy Klein, Chief Marketing Officer for Birch Gold Group, to explain the connection between the Gary Sinise Foundation and Birch Gold.
To be frank with you, I didn’t get it. Our company’s last big donation went to Operation Hope, a financial literacy non-profit. Doesn’t that seem like a more natural fit?
Here’s how Andy broke it down for me…
“Imagine you’re a firefighter, a police officer, a paramedic – or a soldier deployed in a combat zone. What’s the one thing you know with absolute certainty every day on the job? That you don’t know what to expect.”
Of course! When you’re a first responder, uncertainty is the only certainty. That uncertainty is incredibly stressful, even when you’ve been trained and honed to adapt to circumstances and carry out your mission. You never know beforehand, on any given day, whether you’ll be making split-second, life-and-death decisions.
That’s why soldiers the world over obey the commandment, Never miss an opportunity to eat or sleep. You never know when the next one will arise.
All this stress, all this uncertainty, is corrosive to health and wellness. How do you counter that?
When it comes to household finances and planning for the future, well, there’s one way that’s stood the test of time. Like Andy said, “So much of financial planning revolves around uncertainty. Tangible gold and silver, though? They’re the opposite of uncertain.”
I really think he’s onto something… So many of the customers I speak to every day wrestle with uncertainty. What do they want? Security. Stability. Peace of mind.
That’s a huge part of our mission at Birch Gold Group! We educate and empower people to take control of their financial futures, to build security and stability today and tomorrow.
In the past, we’ve promoted financial literacy for veterans and financial health check-ups as a service to America’s heroes. I’m proud of the role Birch Gold plays in helping first responders, soldiers and other heroes – and I never miss an opportunity to thank them for their service.
Whether or not you’ve served in the armed forces or as a first responder, if you’re also looking to add certainty and stability to your financial future, we can help. Education is the first step! You can learn more here.2023, Featured, gold as investment, phillip patrick