Birch Gold Group’s precious metals IRA customers have a number of depositories to choose from. Texas-based International Depository Services (IDS) is a top choice for their security-first approach to precious metals custody and their pedigree in the precious metals industry.
About International Depository Services
International Depository Services is a subsidiary of Dillon Gage Inc., the Dallas-based refiner that’s maintained a world-class international reputation for over four decades as a world leader in physical precious metals trading, technology and refining. Since 1976, Dillion Gage has served numismatic and bullion dealers, financial institutions, banks and brokerage houses worldwide.
IDS depositories are equipped to serve institutions as well as individuals and IRA custodians Their clients include market makers, institutions and commercial investors, refineries and mining companies, international mints – and everyday investors, too. IDS Group maintains an active membership in the Industry Council for Tangible Assets (ICTA), and individual depository locations have a number of specific accreditations.
Regardless of the location you choose, International Depository Services safeguards your precious metals rigorously:
- All client assets are held in “custody.” They are stored in client-specific accounts off the IDS Group’s balance sheet. In other words, they are held in the client’s name, not as a deposit or consignment, off the International Depository Services’ balance sheet.
- Discreet and confidential treatment of all clients and their information
- 100% allocated & segregated storage, where each client’s metals are stored separately
- Each IDS Group depository is staffed with full-time precious metals custody professionals who have significant depository, security and banking experience.
- Multi-redundant state-of-the-art security systems under constant surveillance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, awarded the UL certificate for excellence.
- Dual-control procedures featuring internal and external inventory audits
- Class III gold vaults, the highest-rated gold vaults available
- Assets are 100% insured through an all-risk policy underwritten by Lloyd’s of London, the world’s leading provider of specialized asset insurance.
- Comprehensive reporting as required for custodians to administer IRA accounts efficiently and accurately
IDS has two locations in the United States, each sited in economically-advantageous regions.
International Depository Services of Delaware: New Castle
In the heart of the East Coast business corridor, New Castle, Delaware (just outside of Wilmington), IDS of Delaware’s location is well poised for business and near the financial hub of Manhattan. New York City is home to the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq, the world’s two largest stock exchanges. But it’s not just money that flows through the region…
The Port of New York and New Jersey is the largest port on the East Coast, on-and-offloading over 3 million containers per year. Delaware’s Port of Wilmington adds another 6.5 million tons of cargo per year capacity conveniently near the IDS Delaware facility.
The IDS Delaware bullion depository is one of only eight Commodity Exchange and Chicago Mercantile Exchange (COMEX and CME)-approved depositories. IDS Delaware is one of only nine Intercontinental Exchange (ICE)-approved depositories. Furthermore, IDS Delaware is one of the few approved for all precious metals by COMEX and ICE.
IDS of Delaware is a London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) Associate and a National Coin and Bullion Association (NCBA) member, as well. You’re unlikely to find a depository that has more experience with safe and responsible handling and storage of precious metals.
International Depository Services of Texas: Dallas
The largest precious metal depository in Texas and the first specialized bullion depository in the Lone Star State. The IDS Dallas facility was added in 2017 to meet booming demand for precious metals storage in Texas, which continues to grow.
IDS Dallas is also a London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) Associate and a National Coin and Bullion Association (NCBA) member.
Dallas is centrally located in the geographic heart of the United States, near the world-class superhub Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, and can reach 79 major markets overnight by truck or rail.
IDS of Texas is committed to protecting both assets and information, ensuring that each client’s information is confidential and remains private while secured in a safe, insured storage facility. Protecting clients’ business (and personal) information is as important as protecting their physical assets.
Note that both IDS Delaware and IDS of Texas allow visitation privileges for precious metals IRA customers.